I am nervous! This Thursday I'm going to my dear friend Celeste Peterson's thesis defense at Princeton. She's nervous, sure, but I'm really nervous. What do I wear?!
It's in the subject area of Molecular Biology. Repeat after me - Mole Ecu Lar Bi O Lo Gy. The study of the biology of moles.
I'm considering these seven looks.
1) The obvious choice might be good in terms of showing solidarity like Yeah, I'm a scientist too! Chemistry set!
2) Or I could be hard core but instead of fag I'd write SCIENCE (I'd keep the framing of the word the same).
3) How about an inspirational vision of purple/Prince so when she looks over I can throw her the 'I Would Die 4 U' signs at her?
4) Potentially too racy but could get the blood flowing in the room and have the judges (whom I'm certainly will be mostly male) to remember me, and hence Celeste, fondly.
5) Or I could just be professorial and ooze judgement...but show my softer more fallible side by making the mistake of wearing a beret.
6) Celeste and I got married within 2 weeks of each other so I thought as a way of remembering that sweet time I could wear my wedding dress?
7) Or I could just try to blend in:
Which should it be?? I'm stuck between 1 through 7.